If you are facing criminal charges, no matter how minor, you could benefit from talking to a criminal defense attorney. Consulting with a lawyer will help give you an idea of how serious your charges are, what defenses exist, and the potential outcomes of your case. Criminal charges stand to jeopardize your freedom and your future; not talking to an attorney is a risk you cannot afford to take.

The counsel at Pedersen Law Office is experienced at defending clients against a multitude of criminal charges, including:

  • Drunk Driving
  • Domestic Abuse
  • Drug Offenses
  • Felony Charges
  • Sexual Assault
  • Disorderly Conduct

Call us today to find out how we can help you! Our law firm offers free consultations in all of our areas of practice and would be more than happy to meet with you and see how we can help you. Our law office serves the communities of Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Oshkosh, Green Bay and their surrounding areas.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony charge?

In the state of Wisconsin, a Misdemeanor is a crime that is punishable by up to one year of jail and a $10,000 fine. A Felony is a crime that is punishable by more than one year of imprisonment. However, in a felony case, with the help of the right attorney, the defendant can be sentenced to less than one year if appropriate.


If the victim does not want to press charges, will the case be dismissed?

Not necessarily. The final decision is left up to the District Attorney, who is typically reluctant to drop charges, especially in domestic abuse cases. However, each case is unique, and your attorney will discuss your case with the District Attorney throughout the pendency of the case.


Do I need a criminal defense lawyer if I have been falsely accused?

The fact that you have been falsely accused does not mean your case will be dismissed; you have to prove it. Filing appropriate motions, presenting the evidence and following legal procedures to argue your case need to be done by a professional. If you choose to represent yourself, you run the risk of being found guilty of a crime you did not commit.


If I represent myself and lose, can I reopen the case with a lawyer?

No. If you choose to represent yourself, you waive your right to an attorney and cannot have your case reopened due to lack of representation.


If I go to jail, will I be eligible for work release?

The decision to authorize Huber privileges, or work release, lies with the court and the jail. The criteria to receive work release depends on the charges, the county, the location and type of employment.


If I am not a U.S. citizen, how will my immigration status be affected if convicted?

Criminal convictions may cause direct and grave consequences to your immigration status, including deportation proceedings. Knowing this, Pedersen Law Office will work with the District Attorney for a result that has the least negative impact on your immigration status.

Get in touch

Online Bill Payment

Now you can quickly and easily pay for your legal services online in the comfort of your own home.